Move Kodi to Amazon fire tv Home page
A commonly asked question here at Techlife.tv by customers is how do i move kodi to the main amazon fire tv home page so i can easily access it instead of having to go to settings-applications-manage installed Applications-Kodi- Launch.
Simplest directions to move kodi to Amazon's Main home screen is as follows.
- When you are on amazon's home page, find the tab that says "your apps and games" and scroll all the way to the right and click on "see all"
- Alternatively you can press and hold down the home button on your fire tv remote and click "APPS"
- Either option would take you to a list of apps that are downloaded on your amazon fire tv unit
- Scroll to where you see Kodi, press the menu button (button with 3 lines) while over kodi, and choose the option that says "Move to front"
- Now back out to the main amazon fire home screen page, and kodi will be there
The video below shows exactly how to accomplish that on your amazon fire tv unit. On our Android octacore tv boxes, this is not a problem because Kodi and other programs are already located on the main screen.
Directions didn't work?
If the Amazon account you used to register your Fire TV does not have a billing address and credit card associated with it, apps will not appear on the Home screen or in the Apps section.
Sometimes the directions above to put kodi on Amazon fire tv home page don't work. It’s unclear what causes this to happen, but the most common fix in our experience has been to
Go to Amazon settings, scroll over and click on My Account, click sync content, and then try the directions above again.
If that doesn’t work, go back to My account, click on your name, click Deregister, and then Register with a different account. You can make another free account on Amazon.com all you need is an email. That’s the easiest and only fix for this issue that we are aware of.